President Trump has suspended funding to the World Health Organization (WHO) until we can determine what in the hell is going on over there.
WHO screwed up how it handled the coronavirus pandemic from the get go and it appears that China had a hand in how the original reports were released.
To put it mildly- something stinks over there and most of us on the right agree with the President’s decision to suspend giving them a damn penny- but not Microsoft co-founder Bill Gates.
Gates criticized the decision, saying it “is as dangerous as it sounds.”
Halting funding for the World Health Organization during a world health crisis is as dangerous as it sounds. Their work is slowing the spread of COVID-19 and if that work is stopped no other organization can replace them. The world needs @WHO now more than ever.
— Bill Gates (@BillGates) April 15, 2020
“Halting funding for the World Health Organization during a world health crisis is as dangerous as it sounds,” Gates tweeted.. “Their work is slowing the spread of COVID-19 and if that work is stopped no other organization can replace them. The world needs @WHO now more than ever.”
Fox News reports that Gates, who is worth some $104 billion, according to Forbes, has focused nearly all of his energy on public health responses since he announced in March he was stepping down from the board of directors of Microsoft and Berkshire Hathaway to focus on philanthropy.
In February, the Bill & Melinda Gates Foundation committed up to $100 million to help fight against the virus, $20 million of which went toward groups such as the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention and the WHO.
Earlier this month, Gates told “Fox News Sunday” the current pandemic is “a nightmare scenario,” but said social distancing and a strong national response can keep casualties low. At the time, the U.S. was projecting between 100,000 and 240,000 deaths from COVID-19 before the outbreak is under control.
To date, 26,059 people in the U.S. have died from COVID-19, according to Johns Hopkins University.
“We have deep concerns over whether America’s generosity has been put to the best use possible,” Trump said, accusing the WHO of failing to adequately keep the international community apprised of the threat of the coronavirus.
“The WHO failed in this duty, and must be held accountable,” Trump went on. He added that the WHO had ignored “credible information” in December 2019 that the virus could be transmitted from human to human.
Scroll down to leave a comment!
Join us at SPREELY if you want REAL NEWS without the leftist censorship!
Also join us at MUMBLIT!
Join me on Twitter!
Please take a moment and consider sharing this article with your friends and family. Thank you, we appreciate it!
Facebook Has Banned Us!
The leftists at Facebook decided they didn't like our message, so they removed our page and are censoring us. Help us fight back and subscribe to our newsletter so that you can stay up-to-date with everything Facebook doesn't want you to see!