Democrat presidential hopeful Mike Bloomberg suggested average Americans are placed at higher risk of death or injury by having a gun in their home, during a CNN town hall on Wednesday, AWR HAWKINS at Breitbart reports.
Bloomberg said, “You don’t want to have guns. If you have a gun in your house you’re something like 22 times as likely to get killed with a gun.”
He added, “There’s domestic violence, there’s children playing, there’s accidents.”
Bloomberg did not provide any substantiation of his claim that owning a gun makes someone “22 times as likely to get killed with a gun.”
Mike Bloomberg calls for a gun safety policy that treats the gun violence crisis like a true national emergency: creating an effective background checks system, keeping guns away from people who pose a danger to themselves or others, protecting young people in schools and Americans in their homes, tackling daily gun violence in the hardest-hit communities, and confronting the gun industry head-on.
Mike knows the Second Amendment right to self-defense goes hand in hand with strong, common sense gun laws, and his platform is consistent with the country’s hunting and shooting sports traditions.
1. Build a background check system that really works to stop illegal gun sales. Require permits for new gun
buyers and notify police when gun owners become prohibited. (This is a firearm REGISTRY)
- Require point-of-sale background checks for all gun sales.
- Require every gun buyer to get a permit before making a purchase.
- Use sales records to identify crime guns and notify local police when individuals have been prohibited from
having a gun.
- Allow for screening before guns are purchased.
- No gun sale should go through without a complete background check
- Curb the dangers of ghost guns and downloadable guns.
2. Keep guns out of the hands of people who pose a danger to themselves or others by closing domestic
violence loopholes, prohibiting violent offenders, and expanding red flag laws.
- Close the boyfriend loophole.
- Pass a federal red flag law that expands extreme risk orders to 50 states—and funds state efforts to
maximize the policy.
- Require gun buyers to be at least 21 years old to buy handguns and semi-automatic rifles and shotguns.
- Set a temporary bar on gun possession bky assault and other violent misdemeanor offenders.
3. Defend America’s children and communities by banning assault weapons, protecting schools, and
preventing unintentional shootings.
- Reinstate the federal ban on assault weapons and high-capacity magazines.
- Require secure storage of firearms
- Ban all guns in K-12 schools, colleges, and universities—except for law enforcement.
4. Tackle daily gun violence through early interventions and take illicit guns off the streets by giving law enforcement more powerful anti-trafficking tools.
- Fund at least $100 million annually for local violence intervention programs.
- Fund at least $100 million annually for public health research into gun violence.
Make no mistake, the Democrats will continue to destroy the Second Amendment and if they cannot do a mass ban and confiscation, they will do it through states and counties and individuals.
Chris “Badger” Thomas is a Veteran who served our country as an Army Combat Medic.
Join us at SPREELY if you want REAL NEWS without the leftist censorship!
Also join us at MUMBLIT!
Dean James at Right Wing Tribune