Dean James at Right Wing Tribune
BOOM! Former “Empire” star Jussie Smollett has been indicted by a grand jury on six counts of disorderly conduct for allegedly lying to police about his claims of a racist and homophobic attack against him in January 2019, according to breaking reports.
Special prosecutor Dan Webb issued a statement announcing the indictment against Smollett.
The actor is due in court on Feb. 24, Fox 32 reported citing a source.
Smollett, who is black and gay, originally was charged last year with disorderly conduct for allegedly staging the attack and lying about it to investigators. The charges were dropped in March 2019 with little explanation, angering police officials and then-Mayor Rahm Emanuel, Fox News reports.
As we previously reported, a special prosecutor had been appointed in the Jussie Smollett case after Cook County State’s Attorney Kim Foxx dismissed the case despite being in possession of massive amounts of evidence surfaced that the actor had staged his own hate-crime mugging.
In early March a grand jury returned 16 felony counts against Smollett.
Foxx, who had previously recused herself, un-recused herself and dismissed all charges before sealing the case. You can draw your own conclusions about Foxx’s motivations.
On March 27, 2019, it was announced that the FBI would be investigating why the charges were dismissed.
Smollett claimed he was attacked on the streets near his Chicago home by two men who he said threw a rope around his neck and poured a bleach-like substance on him while yelling racist and homophobic slurs at him.
He said his attackers, at least one of whom he said was white, told him he was in “MAGA country” — a reference to President Trump’s campaign slogan, “Make America Great Again.”
Those claims border on incredible. What victim would still be wearing the “noose” when the police arrived. That would mean Smollett walked home with the noose still around his neck.
Following the exhaustive investigation, coupled with Smollett’s own ‘strange’ behavior in the aftermath of the alleged attack, Chicago police concluded the attack was a hoax perpetrated by Smollett, himself.
Kathy Fieweger, the director of public affairs for the City of Chicago Department of Law, said in a statement: “We look forward to reviewing the indictment and, as we have said previously, the City stands by our original complaint seeking to recover costs for Mr. Smollett’s false statements. We again thank the Chicago Police Department detectives for their hard work on this case the original investigation.”
The city has sued Smollett, seeking reimbursement exceeding $130,000 for overtime paid to officers who were involved in investigating Smollett’s report. Smollett’s attorneys have said the city should not be allowed to recover costs from Smollett because it accepted $10,000 from the actor “as payment in full in connection with the dismissal of the charges against him.”
BREAKING: This is a photo of the two white supremacists who commited a racist attack on Jussie Smollett. They have been arrested. They were extras on Empire and are two of the blackest white supremacists in history. No matter how you cut it Jussie lied. pic.twitter.com/IBVgODe5Fp
— Carmine Sabia (@CarmineSabia) February 15, 2019
LMAO! THEY BE BLACK!
The whole thing was a fabricated lie.
Scroll down to leave a comment!
Join us at SPREELY if you want REAL NEWS without the leftist censorship!
Also join us at MUMBLIT!
Dean James at Right Wing Tribune
Please take a moment and consider sharing this article with your friends and family. Thank you, we appreciate it!
Facebook Has Banned Us!
The leftists at Facebook decided they didn't like our message, so they removed our page and are censoring us. Help us fight back and subscribe to our newsletter so that you can stay up-to-date with everything Facebook doesn't want you to see!