Friday is the deadline for lawmakers to file legislation in Virginia, which means today is the day for legislators to introduce even more bills attacking the right to keep and bear arms, as well as the longstanding traditions of rural Virginians, Bearing Arms reports.
HB 960 Firearms and ammunition; imposes additional sales and use tax, use of proceeds.
SUMMARY AS INTRODUCED:
Additional state sales tax on firearms and ammunition; use of proceeds; Student Mental Health and Safety Fund and Program. Imposes an additional sales and use tax on the retail sale of firearms and ammunition. The amount of the tax shall be 10 percent minus the amount of tax imposed by all other sales and use taxes levied by the Commonwealth. Revenues from the tax shall be deposited in the Student Mental Health and Safety Fund (the Fund), which is established by the bill. In addition to the Fund, the bill creates the Student Mental Health and Safety Program (the Program).
The Program and Fund shall provide grants on a competitive basis to public school divisions for the purpose of funding full-time school counselor positions at a ratio of 250:1 or better, school social worker positions at a ratio of 400:1 or better, and school psychologists at a ratio of 500:1 or better.
Hunting can be big business in rural parts of any state. For some small communities with a lot of hunting outfitters, it could well be the one thing that keeps a community afloat.
SB 886 Hunting with dogs; retrieval and trespass; discharge of firearm on road
SUMMARY AS INTRODUCED:
Hunting with dogs; retrieval and trespass; discharge of firearm on road; civil and criminal penalties. Prohibits a dog owner from allowing his dog to run at large on the property of another after the landowner has given notice to the dog owner to keep dogs off the property.
The bill provides for a civil penalty of $100 per dog enforced by animal control, conservation police, and other law-enforcement officers and a civil penalty of $250 per occurrence for a second or subsequent occurrence. The bill contains an exception to the penalty if the dog’s owner or custodian releases the dog on property measuring 500 acres or more that is owned or leased by him or on which he has written permission to hunt.
The bill provides that the release of a hunting dog on a public road or on either side of such road within 100 feet of the centerline is a Class 4 misdemeanor. The bill also requires a hunter of game other than fox or raccoon, when going on prohibited lands to retrieve his dog, to obtain the permission of the owner or occupant of the property before entering such prohibited lands. A violation of such is a Class 4 misdemeanor.
Finally, the bill makes it a Class 4 misdemeanor to discharge a firearm or bow within 75 feet of either side of the centerline of a road. Current law prohibits such discharge in or across any road, within the right-of-way thereof, or in a street of any city or town. The bill includes technical changes.
The 2020 Legislative Session started January 8, 2020 and represents the greatest threat to gun rights Virginians have faced in modern times!
- BREAKING: Massive Rally Set For Jan. 20th Calling For Over 50,000 Gun Owners To Show Up In Virginia
- BREAKING: Virginia Governor Declares State Of Emergency And Law Enforcement Is On High Alert
- US Marine And Law Enforcement Officer Send Serious Warning To Politicians In Virginia “Your Mindset Is What Caused Civil War 150 Years Ago”
- BREAKING: Despite Massive Protests, Virginia Democratic Gun-Control Bills Go Full Steam Ahead- Pass First Hurdle
- Virginia Officials Will Not Recognize “2nd Amendment Sanctuary Cities” And Will Take Action Despite Sheriffs And Militias Vowing To Fight Back
- Virginia Governor Sends Direct Threat To Law Enforcement Who Refuse To Enforce Gun Control Laws “There Will Be Consequences”
- As Virginia Escalates Gun Control, The NRA Steps In And Is Handing Out Free 30 Round Magazines According To Statement Just Released
- Virginia Bill Amended Now Will Make You A Felon For Owning Legal Suppressors And The State Is Getting Out Of Control
- BREAKING: Virginia Revises Gun Control Bill To Make It So You Will Be Going To Jail If You Even Own A Magazine They Don’t Approve Of And This Is Insanity
- BREAKING: Virginia Vows To Shut Down All Gun Ranges Not Owned By The Government
Join us at SPREELY if you want REAL NEWS without the leftist censorship!
Also join us at MUMBLIT!
Dean James at Right Wing Tribune
Please take a moment and consider sharing this article with your friends and family. Thank you, we appreciate it!
Facebook Has Banned Us!
The leftists at Facebook decided they didn't like our message, so they removed our page and are censoring us. Help us fight back and subscribe to our newsletter so that you can stay up-to-date with everything Facebook doesn't want you to see!