Opinion| Mark Sidney| Either the Democrats are ignorant of American history, or they want to see it repeat itself.
Surely they have heard of Lexington and Concord, no?
Just in case you are not familiar, in 1775 the British sent 700 men, under the command of Lt. Col. Francis Smith, on a secret mission to seize and destroy the supplies that the colonists were reportedly storing at Concord. Can you guess what kind of ‘supplies’ a militia may be storing if they were preparing for armed hostilities with their oppressors? Yes, weapons … guns.
Luckily for us, the rebel’s intel network had learned of the Brit’s plan to take their arms & rations weeks prior, and moved them to secure locations outside of Concord.
Wikipeda explains what happened when the Red Coats tied to carry out their orders:
‘The first shots were fired just as the sun was rising at Lexington. Eight militiamen were killed, including Ensign Robert Munroe, their third in command. The British suffered only one casualty. The militia were outnumbered and fell back, and the regulars proceeded on to Concord, where they broke apart into companies to search for the supplies. At the North Bridge in Concord, approximately 400 militiamen engaged 100 regulars from three companies of the King’s troops at about 11:00 am, resulting in casualties on both sides. The outnumbered regulars fell back from the bridge and rejoined the main body of British forces in Concord.
The British forces began their return march to Boston after completing their search for military supplies, and more militiamen continued to arrive from neighboring towns. Gunfire erupted again between the two sides and continued throughout the day as the regulars marched back towards Boston. Upon returning to Lexington, Lt. Col. Smith’s expedition was rescued by reinforcements under Brigadier General Hugh Percy, a future duke of Northumberland styled at this time by the courtesy title Earl Percy. The combined force of about 1,700 men marched back to Boston under heavy fire in a tactical withdrawal and eventually reached the safety of Charlestown. The accumulated militias then blockaded the narrow land accesses to Charlestown and Boston, starting the Siege of Boston.’
And thus the American Revolutionary War begun.
The moral of the story? We do not care if you control the most powerful armed forces in the history of the planet, if you try to disarm us, we will resist, no matter the odds, no matter the cost. THIS is what has made America great, and as long as we maintain this attitude, it will be why American remains great.
Unfortunately, some tyrants, I mean Democrats (but I repeat myself) seem to want to see if we Americans still have what it takes to stand up to this tyranny.
- US Marine And Law Enforcement Officer Send Serious Warning To Politicians In Virginia “Your Mindset Is What Caused Civil War 150 Years Ago”
- BREAKING: Despite Massive Protests, Virginia Democratic Gun-Control Bills Go Full Steam Ahead- Pass First Hurdle
- Virginia Officials Will Not Recognize “2nd Amendment Sanctuary Cities” And Will Take Action Despite Sheriffs And Militias Vowing To Fight Back
- Virginia Governor Sends Direct Threat To Law Enforcement Who Refuse To Enforce Gun Control Laws “There Will Be Consequences”
- As Virginia Escalates Gun Control, The NRA Steps In And Is Handing Out Free 30 Round Magazines According To Statement Just Released
- Virginia Bill Amended Now Will Make You A Felon For Owning Legal Suppressors And The State Is Getting Out Of Control
- BREAKING: Virginia Revises Gun Control Bill To Make It So You Will Be Going To Jail If You Even Own A Magazine They Don’t Approve Of And This Is Insanity
- BREAKING: Virginia Vows To Shut Down All Gun Ranges Not Owned By The Government
Scroll down to leave a comment!
Join us at SPREELY if you want REAL NEWS without the leftist censorship!
Dean James at Right Wing Tribune