Dean James at Right Wing Tribune
Chicago PD 0fficials are absolutely furious that the gay black actor who faked a hate crime hoax, Jussie Smollett had all 16 felony charges dismissed against him – and they smell a political rat.
And that rat is Michelle Obama.
Fox News reports that the wiping of the case has been seen as nothing short of a “real blow” to those in Chicago’s law enforcement. The department insider also noted that they have been left scratching their heads as to why the case was suddenly sealed, thus not allowing public scrutiny, and pointed to “politics” and questionable shuffles and possible interference in handling the case.
“What’s interesting is that the former chief-of-staff of Michelle Obama called the state’s attorney about the case, saying the (Smollett) family was concerned. Shortly after, the state’s attorney recused herself and now the charges are dropped and the court has sealed the record.”
Coincidence or corruption? You decide.
The former first lady’s chief of staff has been quietly advocating for the troubled actor behind the scenes.
Reports emerged last week that Cook County State’s Attorney Kim Foxx had been in contact with Mrs. Obama’s former chief-of-staff, Tina Tchen, who emailed her expressing the “concerns” that the Smollett family had about the ongoing investigation. Foxx is alleged to have then spoken with a Smollett relative whose number was provided by Tchen, and subsequently reached out to Chicago Police Superintendent Eddie Johnson.
“I wanted to give you a call on behalf of Jussie Smollett and family who I know. They have concerns about the investigation,” Tchen wrote in a text message to Foxx. The Chicago lawyer also gave Foxx’s number to a relative of Smollett’s who was concerned about the Chicago police’s handling of the investigation, and hoped to have the case handed over to the FBI.
Foxx – who later recused herself from Smollett’s case due to her contact with the family – took the concerns to Chicago Police Superintendent Eddie Johnson.
[Article continues below video]
But Smollett may not be out of the woods just yet.
An investigation into a death threat letter the actor supposedly received prior to the alleged Jan. 29 attack has been handed over to the FBI, Chicago Police spokesperson Anthony Guglielmi told Fox News.
Smollett initially had been suspected as the source of the letter.
“The U.S. Postal Inspection Service is working closely with our law enforcement partners on this investigation,” the U.S. Postal Service said in a statement to Fox News. “We are unable to provide any additional comment at this time.”
Chicago cops previously said Smollett allegedly resorted to staging the “bogus” attack after the threatening letter he sent himself at his Chicago Fox studio two weeks earlier didn’t garner enough attention.
“If he mailed that threatening letter to himself by using the post office, he engaged in postal fraud. That’s five to 10 years in jail — that’s three times what he’s facing for filing a false report if the feds want to go there,” Fox News legal analyst Judge Andrew Napolitano said.
Smollett reported that he was attacked, doused with an unknown chemical substance and had a rope tied around his neck by two men who yelled “This is MAGA (Make America Great Again) country” at him on Jan. 29.
Police, however, classified Smollett as a suspect Feb. 20 for reportedly filing a false police report.
Here’s a picture of the two white supremacists who yelled “This is MAGA (Make America Great Again) country” and attacked Smollett:
BREAKING: This is a photo of the two white supremacists who commited a racist attack on Jussie Smollett. They have been arrested. They were extras on Empire and are two of the blackest white supremacists in history. No matter how you cut it Jussie lied. pic.twitter.com/IBVgODe5Fp
— Carmine Sabia (@CarmineSabia) February 15, 2019
LMAO! THEY BE BLACK!
The whole thing was a fabricated lie.
More charges will likely follow as Federal charges could (and should) be filed by the FBI for the fake hate letter he claimed he received.
We knew it all along.