President Trump has revoked the security clearance for former CIA Director John Brennan, the White House announced Wednesday, in the first decision to come from a review of access for several top Obama-era intelligence and law enforcement officials.
“The president has a constitutional responsibility to protect classified information and who has access to it, and that’s what he’s doing is fulfilling that responsibility in this action. Brennan has a history that calls his credibility into question.” ~ White House Press Secretary Sarah Sanders
In a statement read by administration spokeswoman Sarah Huckabee Sanders at the White House, the president accused Brennan of abusing his access to classified information by using it to “sow division and chaos.”
“I’ve decided to revoke the security clearance of John Brennan, former director of the Central Intelligence Agency,” the statement said.
“This action is part of a broader effort by Mr. Trump to suppress freedom of speech & punish critics. It should gravely worry all Americans, including intelligence professionals, about the cost of speaking out. My principles are worth far more than clearances. I will not relent,” Brennan tweeted.
Brennan had slammed Trump on Twitter the day before for calling Omarosa Manigault Newman a “ dog.”
“It’s astounding how often you fail to live up to minimum standards of decency, civility, & probity. Seems like you will never understand what it means to be president, nor what it takes to be a good, decent, & honest person. So disheartening, so dangerous for our Nation,” Brennan wrote.
- JAMES CLAPPER – Clapper served Obama as director of national intelligence and has held key positions in the U.S. intelligence community.
- MICHAEL HAYDEN – The veteran U.S. intelligence official is a former director of the National Security Agency, principal deputy director of national intelligence and a past CIA director.
- SALLY YATES – Trump fired Yates early in 2017 after she refused to enforce the new president’s ban on travel to the U.S. by residents of several mostly Muslim countries.
- SUSAN RICE – Rice was national security adviser during Obama’s second term and has criticized Trump policies.
- ANDREW McCabe – McCabe is a former FBI deputy director who led the investigation into Clinton’s email practices.
- PETER STRZOK – The FBI Agent convoluting against Trump
- LISA PAGE – Page is the former FBI lawyer who exchanged anti-Trump text messages with Strzok.
- BRUCE OHR – The Justice Department official has come under Republican scrutiny for his contacts with Glenn Simpson, co-founder of Fusion GPS.
Generally these advisors with security clearances keep it during the next Presidency so that they can “Advise” and aid the next administration. However, it is clear that during Obama’s terms, that the corruption and deep state administration with global enemies has shown the horrific treason by the administration.
Hopefully revoking security clearances paves the way for charges to be brought against those who let greed and personal desires corrupt their oath to the United States.
Chris “Badger” Thomas is a Veteran who served our country as an Army Combat Medic.