A border state Republican congressman is introducing a bill that would effectively use foreign funds to help pay for President Trump’s planned wall on the Mexican border, FOX News reports.
Rep. Andy Biggs of Arizona authored House Resolution 6657, which would establish a separate U.S. Treasury account to “hold deposits to be used to secure the southern border of the United States.”
Republican Reps. Scott Des Jarlais of Tennessee, Ralph Norman of South Carolina, Matt Gaetz of Florida and Paul Gosar of Arizona have signed on as co-sponsors.
Today I introduced the "Fund and Complete the Border Wall Act" to fully fund, complete, and pay for the border wall, while giving Border Patrol agents the resources they need to do their jobs.
— Rep Andy Biggs (@RepAndyBiggsAZ) August 7, 2018
Today, Congressman Andy Biggs introduced the Fund and Complete the Border Wall Act. This bill fully funds, completes, and pays for the border wall, while giving Border Patrol agents the resources they need to do their jobs. Congressman Biggs issued the following statement:
“Border security was one of the primary issues of the 2016 campaign. Americans believed us when we promised to build the wall, secure our border, and enforce our laws.
“Even with a Republican-controlled House and Senate, we have failed to secure the funds for the border wall. In the meantime, our Border Patrol agents suffer demoralizing losses of resources and personnel. Some in Congress view border security as leverage for an amnesty deal, but that would turn a crisis into a catastrophe.
“This is why I introduced the ‘Fund and Complete the Border Wall Act.’ We must keep our promises to the American people. We must fund, start, and complete the border wall without further delay. I encourage my colleagues to join me in support of this legislation.”
The Fund and Complete the Border Wall Act accomplishes seven things that are vital for our border security:
- Creates a fund to build the wall;
- Instructs the Secretary of Homeland Security to take such actions as may be necessary to design, test, construct, and install physical barriers, roads, and technology along the international land border between the United States and Mexico to prevent illegal crossings in all areas;
- Penalizes foreign aid to Mexico and other countries by $2,000 for every illegal alien that is apprehended. The held back funds are redirected to the border wall fund;
- Charges a fee for all money transfers when receivers are outside the United States. Collected fees go to the border wall fund;
- Increases I-94 fees from $6 to $25. The higher fees fund Border Patrol salaries and the border wall fund;
- Provides regulatory relief from burdensome actions that could be used to prevent wall construction;
- Restores overtime pay for Border Patrol at same rate as all other DHS law enforcement agencies (restoring Fair Labor Standards Act).
This sounds like a great idea- let’s hope that we can get this passed so we can get our wall built and keep illegal aliens out of the country!
Facebook Has Banned Us!
The leftists at Facebook decided they didn't like our message, so they removed our page and are censoring us. Help us fight back and subscribe to our newsletter so that you can stay up-to-date with everything Facebook doesn't want you to see!