ICE HSI arrests 11 child predators as part of Operation Broken Heart
SEATTLE – The Washington Internet Crimes Against Children Task Force (ICAC), in collaboration with U.S. Immigration and Customs Enforcement’s (ICE) Homeland Security Investigations’ (HSI) Operation Predator, participated in Operation Broken Heart from March 1 through May 31. The operation identified individuals using peer-to-peer networks to share child pornography.
During the operation, the Washington ICAC Task Force conducted 51 investigations involving peer-to-peer networks and made 47 arrests. HSI, as part of the task force, conducted 11 search and seizure warrants; made six federal arrests, four state arrests, and one state arrest pending military charges; and identified/rescued one minor victim.
The Washington ICAC Task Force also made 67 presentations to educate the public about child exploitation investigations, reaching nearly 4,000 people.
Case examples include:
- HSI Seattle arrested Christopher Wood at his Mountlake Terrace, Washington, residence for possessing and distributing depictions of minors engaged in sexually explicit conduct. HSI Seattle, with assistance from the ICAC, executed a state search warrant at Wood’s residence. Images depicting child pornography were subsequently located on Wood’s digital media, and law enforcement discovered that Wood shared a bedroom with a potential female minor victim. Law enforcement coordinated with Child Protective Services and the HSI Seattle victim assistance specialist.
- HSI Seattle arrested Jeremy James Cherry, a registered sex offender, via federal complaint for possessing child pornography. HSI Seattle, with assistance from the King County Sheriff’s Office, executed a federal search warrant at Cherry’s residence in Auburn, Washington. Videos depicting child pornography were subsequently located on Cherry’s digital media.
- HSI Tacoma, with assistance from HSI Seattle, arrested Donald Delateur at his residence in Olympia, Washington, on federal receipt of child pornography charges. Delateur is a previously convicted registered sex offender. During the execution of the search warrant at Delateur’s residence, agents discovered child pornography on his computer.
- HSI Blaine special agents executed a state search warrant at the Anacortes, Washington, residence of Josh Robinson, and subsequently arrested Robinson for receipt of child pornography. This investigation was initiated by the Seattle Police Department who discovered Robinson was sharing child pornography files via the BitTorrent peer-to-peer file sharing network. The police department transferred the investigation to HSI Blaine under Seattle ICAC Operation Broken Heart for further investigation.
- HSI Portland and task force officers arrested James Rolla at his Vancouver, Washington, residence on state possession of child pornography charges. A state search warrant was executed at Rolla’s residence, and images of child pornography were found on devices belonging to him.
HSI’s Operation Predator is an international initiative to protect children from sexual predators. Since the launch of Operation Predator in 2003, HSI has arrested more than 16,000 individuals for crimes against children, including the production and distribution of online child pornography, traveling overseas for sex with minors, and sex trafficking of children. In fiscal year 2016, more than 2,600 child predators were arrested by HSI special agents under this initiative and more than 800 victims identified or rescued.
HSI encourages the public to report suspected child predators and any suspicious activity through its toll-free Tip Line at 1-866-DHS-2-ICE or by completing its online tip form. Both are staffed around the clock by investigators. From outside the U.S. and Canada, callers should dial 802-872-6199. Hearing impaired users can call TTY 802-872-6196.
Suspected child sexual exploitation or missing children may be reported to the National Center for Missing & Exploited Children, an Operation Predator partner, via its toll-free 24-hour hotline, 1-800-THE-LOST.
For additional information about wanted suspected child predators, download HSI’s Operation Predator smartphone app or visit the online suspect alerts page. HSI is a founding member of the Virtual Global Taskforce, an international alliance of law enforcement agencies and private industry sector partners working together to prevent and deter online child sexual abuse.
SOURCE – ICE
GOD BLESS AMERICA!
Facebook Has Banned Us!
The leftists at Facebook decided they didn't like our message, so they removed our page and are censoring us. Help us fight back and subscribe to our newsletter so that you can stay up-to-date with everything Facebook doesn't want you to see!