Baghdad, IRAQ – Special Representative of the United Nations Secretary-General for Iraq Ján Kubiš on Sunday strongly condemned a bombing that took place in Kirkuk, leaving scores dead and wounded, Iraqi News reports.
“This is yet another cowardly attack on innocent civilians as they went about their normal Ramadan business,” Kubiš said in a statement published on the United Nations Assistance Mission for Iraq (UNAMI) website.
“It is clear that those who carried out this cowardly attack do not have any respect of the Holy month of Ramadan, which is meant to be a time of peace and celebrations,” he added.
“My heart goes out to the families of those who lost their lives and my wishes go to the injured for a speedy recovery,” Kubiš concluded.
A bomb attack took place late Friday near al-Abrar mosque on al-Quds street in Kirkuk, leaving a woman killed and 15 others, including women and children, injured.
“Another blast took place near a coffee shop, which left a civilian injured,” the Security Media Center said in a statement.
No group has so far claimed responsibility for the attack, but the Islamic State (ISIS) militant group, in most cases, is responsible for attacks targeting crowded areas, including markets, cafes and mosques across Iraq.
It’s just completely insane in that sandpit.
Facebook Has Banned Us!
The leftists at Facebook decided they didn't like our message, so they removed our page and are censoring us. Help us fight back and subscribe to our newsletter so that you can stay up-to-date with everything Facebook doesn't want you to see!