Chris “Badger” Thomas  RIGHT WING TRIBUNE

Austin police and EMS units responded to what they called a “Bomb Hotshot” call Sunday night. EMS officials tweeted confirmation of transporting two people with serious but “non-life-threatening” injuries, Breitbart reports.

Update 1:45 a.m. Monday: Chief Manley reported a “device” caused the explosion. He repeated reports that the device may have been triggered by a trip wire. Manley said this would be a departure from the previous package explosions that were triggered either by motion or by opening the package. The chief urged residents of the subdivision to remain indoors until after daybreak so that law enforcement officers could complete clearing the area. Breitbart

“That changes things, in that our safety message to this point has been involving the handling of packages and telling communities ‘do not handle packages, do not pick up packages, do not disturb packages.  We now need the community to have an extra level of vigilance and pay attention to any suspicious device, whether it be a package, a bag, a backpack, anything that looks out of place. Do not approach it.” ~ Chief Manley

Sunday, just after 2100 hours, Austin Police Department released that they were responding to a “Bomb Hotshot call” on the city’s southwest side.

Austin-Travis County EMS (ATCEMS) officials also tweeted that an “explosion incident” occurred in the area and that ambulances had transported two patients. The patients were reportedly seriously injured but did not appear to have “life-threatening” injuries, officials stated.

Just hours earlier, Austin Interim Police Chief Brian Manley, gave a public announcement that the “Reward” has been increased for information that leads to the arrest of whomever is behind the bombings in Austin, Texas.

Authorities also issued an emergency alert on cellular phones after the blast took place.

Austin Mayor Steve Adler said late Sunday he was confident authorities were going to find who is responsible for the string of “horrific” explosions, according to KVUE-TV.

Manley urged people within half a mile to stay in their homes. Authorities said they would keep the surrounding area blocked off at least until daybreak Monday for authorities to check the area, according to FOX7.

Austin police said the reward for information leading to an arrest in the deadly explosions has risen by $50,000 to a new total of $115,000. Manley said more than 500 officers, including federal agents, have conducted 236 interviews in following up 435 leads.

Chief Manley also confirmed that Austin PD are investigating a second incident involving a backpack. He said the bomb squad is in the process of clearing the backpack at this time. He offered no other details about the explosion and requested residents of the community to stay indoors until after sunrise on Monday. He cautioned people not to touch or approach any suspicious package.

 “We’re not going to take questions because we simply just don’t know anything at this time.” 

Officials have not yet confirmed if Sunday night’s explosion is connected to the previous explosions that left two people dead and two others injured.

St. David’s Hospital confirmed they are treating two male patients who are stable at this time.

Information covering the previous explosions in Austin was covered by AFF News:

A teenager was killed and at least two women were seriously hurt after a pair of explosions rocked homes in Austin on Monday — just two weeks after a third blast which authorities said is linked to at least one of Monday’s incidents, FOX News reports.

A separate explosion was reported around 11:49 a.m. in the Montopolis neighborhood, located southeast of downtown Austin. That blast left a woman in her 70’s with “life-threatening” injuries, officials said. The Austin-Travis County EMS said on Twitter a second woman in her 80’s was being treated for an “unrelated medical issue.”

For the 3rd time this month, Austin Police said they received a call about the explosion in a neighborhood on the northwest side of the city around 6:45 a.m., after the 17-year-old resident found a package on the front step, brought it inside, and opened it in the kitchen where it exploded. 

You can read the original Intel of the 1st bombing by clicking on this AFF News link:

“I know you all will ask whether this is terrorism-related. Again there’s no information that we have right now to believe this is anything other than an isolated incident but we’re working diligently to understand this incident and to understand why it had occurred,” Police Chief Manley

The ATF and FBI still have no idea if this is the work of a terrorist organization, cartel or an individual or group.

Police do not know if this is the work of 1 person, multiple people or an organization.  The “Porch packages” that blew up were not delivered by USPS, they were placed on the victims porches sometime during the night.

Now they are dealing with new explosive devises that are trip-wired to go off.  Police do not know if the tripwire bombs are related to the porch bombs at this time.

We hope that the agencies in the investigation are able to track down whomever is responsible before anyone else is injured or killed.

Editor’s Note: This is a developing story and will be updated as new information becomes available.

Chris “Badger” Thomas is a Veteran who served our country as an Army Combat Medic.


 FOLLOW us on Facebook at Nation In Distress!

Be the first to comment on "BREAKING News Out Of TEXAS… HIGH ALERT"

Leave a comment

Your email address will not be published.